It’s the end of the calendar year and the Holidays are upon us. If you are a retailer or a nonprofit the weeks leading up to Christmas can be the difference between a good year and a great one. For your organization this time of year could be business as usual. Either way, if you haven’t already, this is the time to start planning for 2015.
Your first reaction may be, let me finish 2014. We understand every sale you earn today counts and thinking about tomorrow can be difficult much less next year! Rest assured, we are not forgetting about the importance of the next few weeks to any ones’ bottom line. However, as the adage goes, “To fail to plan, is to plan to fail”.
The question is, how to work smarter and yes harder now to ensure greater success in 2015?
An organizations’ desired goal should be to grow revenue regardless the corporate structure or purpose. In that vein, here are some best practices that you can refine or begin using today to ensure improved success next year.
1) Take the time to thank customers for their business now
2) Develop an outreach plan for customers and interested parties to execute in 2015
3) Review your website
4) Review your social media
5) Become an industry expert
6) Audit marketing activities
7) Audit product/service offerings
8) Write out sales goals, be specific
9) Commit to being customer centered
10) Read this blog to get ongoing insights, tips and best practices
Congratulations! Just by investing your time in reading this blog you are well on your way to increased success in 2015. It doesn't matter, if you are a one person Home Based business or have hundreds of employees and sales in the millions of dollars, you can have an even better year in 2015 by following these principles.
What are the benefits of this approach?
1) Greater customer retention
2) New customers
3) Additional same customer sales opportunities
4) Grow trust with customers and community
5) Know when you are meeting and exceeding targets
6) Ability to maintain focus and refocus as needed
7) Add new insights or methods to your skill set
Here is to a fantastic 2015!
Dan Darnielle is the Chief Facilitator at Community Limelight a branding and marketing company based in American Canyon and has over 15 years in experience in Branding, Sales, Marketing and Client Relationship Management.
Please check back with us from time to time for case studies, media, marketing idea and means and may even a haiku or two.